Friday, March 19, 2010

it's seventy degrees outside and I'm inside

Seriously, these people work too hard. And I know you will believe me when I tell you the first question I asked the Big Boss when I saw him this morning was if we could leave at 1:00 today.

"Why," he asked.

"Because it's so beautiful outside today. Mental health. You won't even have to buy us lunch today. And we'll all work really hard next week." Smile. Wink. Toss of the hair.

"No." Dead stare. "Not at all. And, just for asking you can stay until 7:00pm."

We should all be more European. This is ridiculous. God is throwing us a bone, a few nice days- before the rain of next week. And I know there will be more beautiful days, but it's not here to stay. I'm no fool. Coat weather will be back again- then sometime in late May, it'll be 70 degrees again.

But today, today I am wearing a khaki skirt (United Colors of Benetton) that I picked up for $7.50 last night at Housing Works and a scarf I got for 3/$3.99. I love being thrifty. I really do, I pride myself in it. (Especially after trying on a pair of Capri pants and a top off the sales rack at Kenneth Cole and almost dropping $90 for the two pieces. Unnecessary. Walk away. But, I am still looking for that Spring Dress!) Not only am I wearing a skirt and scarf but a white blouse and navy blazer. Converse sneakers to the office & 3" BCBG heels at the office. Love it. I love Spring. I feel like spring today.

I woke up, talked with God, had some Kashi Cereal & 1/2 banana in my Greek yogurt. Chris and I exchanged pleasantries and dreams of the weekend to come in the one hour we share together each morning. Coffee. Sunshine spilling in. Silence. Ingredients to a perfect morning.

I opened a box that was waiting for me last night when I got home from work. (Yes, I waited 12 hours to open this box. Initially I wanted to wait until my birthday, but this morning I was like, "fa-get-a-bout-it." I was a sweet birthday present from a sweet friend. Pink rosebud earrings & a jewelry box. I took pictures with my camera. Of earrings. Sort of weird right? Last night I also received..... MY MONEY. My first real money for writing. YAY! I took a picture of that check too.

On my walk to the train I felt like Meg Ryan's character in You've Got Mail walking around New York when she's ridiculously optimistic about love and her career and present situation- The Cranberries song Dream playing in the background. It's an I love New York City kind of day.

I had lunch with a friend in Bryant Park-with about 1,000 other people. We were lucky enough to scavenge about for chairs and actually found a couple. Tonight I'm meeting up with another friend-and this weekend I'm running with friends, garage saleing with friends, church with friends, shopping with friends. I love people. They are good to have.

This weekend is our nine mile run (two weeks until the BIG DAY) in Central Park. It will be the
first run without my headband, gloves and long-sleeves; I may even wear shorts! Seriously, I may be outside from sun up to sun down these next couple of days.

It has been a jam packed week, and I'm really not saying much here, rather, simply checking in. I'm here. I'm good. I can't wait to begin a new decade!

XO
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment