Friday, September 2, 2011

Return$

Does anyone else go "shopping" just to try on clothes in the dressing room without the intention to buy anything? Or, is that just me? Sometimes when I just need a thick, strong, heavy does of reality and I step into Banana or GAP or Ann Taylor or somewhere with well lit dressing rooms and lots of skirts, blouses and slacks to choose from.

Here's the deal: lately (like, all of August) I've totally felt like five- ten extra pounds have settled around my midsection. I know they have. My clothes are tighter on my hips and rear end and as much as I want to blame it on something other than simply shoving food into my face I can't.

I'm sure being totally inactive, medication, partaking in all that summer has to offer, and all those elastic wasted skirts ALL have some part to play. But let's be honest.

I know it may seem like a dressing room with a full length mirror to view yourself while wearing only your underwear, may seem like the completely opposite place someone feeling like the heavier version of themselves may want to go. Most may run screaming simply thinking of the idea... I however find it grounding. It is reality. And, it's usually not as bad as I think.

I like to see what sizes I am at various stores. Even though my own clothes fit snug, all is not lost-- does this make any sense whatsoever? I think if I just let my mind keep lying to me, I may just dive head first into Mr. Softee and eat my weight in mozzarella sticks. Even though I'm jiggly, and will never look like Beyonce- standing in front of the mirror in Ann Taylor I realize, "If I work hard for the next 6-8 weeks I can shave off a little of these saddle bags..." It's not so bad.

However, yesterday during one of these retail therapy sessions I managed to leave with $102.00 dollars worth of merchandise; which was not all on the agenda or in the budget.

See, September 1, 2011 (um, yesterday) Chris and I opened a checking account just for me. For all my wifely spending. This includes: groceries, house-hold items, Rx, doctors, laundry, dry cleaning, and my going out to eat/ coffee/ clothes/ shopping etc. So- day one, I failed miserably.
I saw $$money$$ in the account and spent it. And today, I returned it all, only after carrying the bag of clothes home, trying them on again this morning and realizing I was not being a good steward of my money.

So, I have my excel spreadsheet now. I'm monitoring what I spend where and how much and cracking down. I mean, I've always been frugal, and consider myself a wise shopper, but it's different when this is it. For the month. I have "X" amount of money and I've got to make it work!!!

Labor Day Sales- whatever!!! I'm buying dental floss and lentils!!

No comments:

Post a Comment