Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I could. And I will!!


I have ample time to write right now. In a office where 90% of the staff are off this week I could be sharing so many stories with you. But I've been reading and journaling and surfing the internet.

I've discovered Pinterest which is highly motivational and inspiring.

....

Our Christmas Even and Christmas day were really non-traditional in that Chris and I spent the days just the two of us, together, apart from our family. We both sang in the Christmas Eve Service at our church and attended a Christmas Day service at Saint Thomas's on Fifth Avenue. Sunday morning we exchanged smallish gifts while eating a big breakfast that I made of bacon, eggs and toast. We visited the tree at Rockefeller Center,walked through Central Park and ate a late dinner out on Christmas Day. Very New York.

I've been trying to rest well and reflect as the years end draws closer. I've been seeking to be purposeful in my words and reactions and how I spend my time outside of work. Even now, as we inch closer to January 1st, I don't feel like I have to wait until midnight to get motivated to change. And motivation is not really what I'm looking for but naming those desires that remain vague most of the time.

In 2012 I could become a mother.
I could plant a garden.
I could quit my job.
I could start my own business.
I could drink more tea and less coffee.
I could climb a mountain.
I could learn how to sew.
I could move across the street, across the country, across the globe.
I could volunteer with teenage mothers.
I could read the Bible in a year.
I could admit when I'm wrong and apologize quickly.
I could stop thinking that I'm just a kid with nothing to offer.

I could embrace my curves, my accent, my love of simple things.

I could go for it.
BIG TIME.

What do you want? What do you want to see/ experience/ have/ do?
And why aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment