Friday, December 2, 2011

Full speed ahead

Halls decked?
Holly hung?
Tree decorated?
Nativity set displayed?
Lights lit?

Christmas in our tiny abode really isn't all that pitiful if you ask me, but it is sort of meek. We have no room to put up a Christmas tree, or hang stockings, or set out snow-globes, but we make due.

I hung some garland, placed my plush reindeer atop the bookshelf and set out three or four of my favorite ornaments as little figurines. That is it, but it's okay.

I got to help decorate our sanctuary at church with live greenery and millions of red twinkle lights. I also got to put the tree up in the office and adorn it with lights and tinsel and blue and silver glittery balls. So I've had my feel. I really enjoy the use of LIVE greenery and garland in the Northeast. It seems to be more prevalent and available here than in the south. Live wreaths and trees and holly branches: very nice. And it's nice to throw it all away on January 1st.
...

Christmas time is here and my calendar is full! Chris leaves today for a weekend youth retreat and while I really want to be excited about some alone time--- I have too much to do.

Tonight we are having a youth game night in the fellowship hall. Nothing like Twister, Taboo and a game of Jenga to end a tiresome workweek. After pizza and hanging out, I'll get home around 9:00pm where I really want to finish up my Christmas cards.

Tomorrow I have a baby shower at 1:00, a Christmas party at 9:00pm. PM. That's really late for me. AND the invite said, "festive attire!" Ha!!! I also found that the wonderfully talented Laila Biali is playing for FREE at 8:00pm at Rockwood Music Hall and her music does something incredibly healing to my soul. She's not only a pianist, but an amazing performer. I like to be entertained...

And Sunday morning the choir is singing and call time is 8:15am. Which really puts a damper on that whole "9:00pm festive attire" party, that I'm sure will involve wine...
...

And next week: The Christmas Concert, Tell Me a Story. I will live at the church next week. The youth are also "leading out" next Sunday during church- to give us choir peeps a break, after all those rehearsals and performances. But since I'm involved with youth too.... But it's really fine. We live a block from the church. This is why we do this. And this week comes every. single. year.

OH--- And I'm also trying really hard to memorize a monologue (along with all my choir music). It's a little difficult because I wrote it, and being vulnerable up on that stage all alone, reading my own writing is sort of a writers nightmare. But it will work out, hopefully.

But what I really want to do right now, is simply stroll the aisles at Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment