Monday, December 19, 2011

Six Geese-a-Laying


I'm embarrassed to admit that in the past week I have purchased six new chapsticks/ lip glosses. That's right, the search for the perfect subtle, feminine lip shade got a little out of control. And it usually happens like this. And somehow all the lipsticks I own are all the same exact shade... Somehow.


So, I thought I'd give gloss a try. Even though in the past I've disliked the lack of shine, the stickiness and the way, for some reason, it always turns pink (and I mean PINK) on my lips.

First, I bought Burts Bees lip shimmer in Nutmeg(1), which was more like a tinted chapstick.

Then, a day later, Burts Bees tinted lip balm in Red Dahlia (2). I found both of these just as described- like tinted chapstick. I really like these two, but they are not as much color as I am used to wearing, but they will be in the rotation all winter.

Then, my beauty editor friend suggested liquid lip smackers sheer lip gloss in Dr. Pepper (3) flavor. She shared how it was "all the rage" when it arrived in her publications offices. It's affordable, glossy, and tastes great. I thought it was just okay. It wears off super quickly.

So why wouldn't I buy (for just $1.99) another lip gloss called Ice Angel (4) by a cosmetic company named Black Radiance when I was at Rite Aid looking for candies and treats and stocking-stuffer-type things to mail to my friend who is living in London right now? I'm pretty sure it's a line of makeup for women of color-- but this shade has made me quite happy. It's a dark gold/ brown shade and very shiny. However it's a little bit MORE color than I'd like.

So.... at CVS I purchased Maybelline Shinesational lip gloss in Berry Dazzle (5) when I spotted it in the 75%off basket on the cosmetics aisle. This one is my favorite gloss thus far. Shine, shimmer, a hint of color and sparkle!

I'm considering returning the Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Plumping Treatment (6) that I paid way too much for ($7.00+). It sounds quite intriguing though. The marketing alone has piqued my interest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment