Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Being Stefani

In his essay Christianity and the Survival of Creation Wendell Berry states the "significance and ultimately the quality of work we do is determined by our understanding of the story we are taking part."

Do I realize that my life matters? Do I think about my decisions effecting more than just me? I can only be lazy and blase- maintaining a laissez-faire attitude- for so long. Then I even start to get on my own nerves. Being indifferent is such a terrible thing. Passionless, floating through each day.

Even knowing this if someone were to look at my day, it would appear that these are the things that matter most to me:

1. Working out/ exercising
2. Maintaning a pretty darn good physical appearance
3. Cleaning
4. Reading nonscense and mostly non-nonscense, scholarly books/ essays
5. Looking busy
6. Watching news programs
7. Oraganizing what is already organized
8. Walking around parks
9. Thinking about what I should really be doing
10. Trying to please my husband (although he's already happy with me) by being some version of a SuperWife that I have created

So what do I say that matters: my writing, edifying/ ecouraging others, loving my husband, taking care of myself and growing spiritually. I think I am falling short.

No comments:

Post a Comment