Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Writers Write

Sounds simple enough, Yes? I mean to be a writer you just have to write. But the writing, I mean really, it's not that easy. What will I write about? Okay, see I don't really have the problem of topic, cause I can write about anything. I like to talk. Just ask my husband.

My problem is answering the deeper, more philosophical questions of why do I want to write and who is ever, ever going to read it anyway? Seriously?!

I know that I write because I can't not write. So, that's that, but I am always not quite so ready to live on what writers make. Nothing. So, in order to justify my self-indulgent behavior I feel like I need to have a better reason. Say something like, "God created me to write" and I believe that he did, but.... I feel as though I should long to change the world with my writing, but I really don't thing that will happen either. Publishing is not what I'm chasing because even if I get published, what then...? I'll still be broke and will be looking for my next source of glee. It's a momentary high, but a high nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment