Sunday, July 26, 2009

New bed-sheets

There may be fewer things that make me happier than new sheets. Well, clean, fresh sheets are nice, but NEW sheets; new sheets are worth blogging about.

If only I had my husband here to sleep in them with me tonight.

He's somewhere in Nevada, chasing the sunset- cross country on a motorcycle. I am thankful that we are together as husband and wife. I fall more in love with him every day. I mean, I am doing okay all alone, but I am greatly encouraged by the fact that he will return home. That we have a home, together.

Three hours after sautéing squash the other night I smelled gas. And low and behold, the burner was still lit. Whoopsy.

I need someone to help me remember to turn the gas off, and ask "Do you have your keys?" when leaving in the morning. (I've locked myself out twice in the past month.) I need him to hug me and tell me I'm sexy and give me a reason to make cakes and queso and big, cheesy omelets. I need him to help me get that darn fitted sheet on the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment