Thursday, July 2, 2009

He gets me.

Sunday after we sing on the praise team together, Chris is leaving on motorcycle for his, "Great American Adventure." (More about that later, this post is about something else.) I realized last night just how much I am going to miss him.

When you're with someone that "gets you" you can't really explain it to someone who isn't (with someone who gets them). But last night we were making margaritas and eating guacamole and salsa and Chris says to me, "Gin, you've never had gin?" To which I replied, "No, not that I remember."

Then he explains, "Well, Stefani it's disgusting. You should try it. It's like I went out in my mother's front yard and took a big ole bite of Saint Augustine. That is what gin tastes like."

Maybe it's because it was almost midnight, or maybe it was the tequila, but I haven't laughed so hard and so long in awhile. I will miss our silliness while he is away for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment